Wayne L. Berman
He founded Berman Enterprises which merged with the Federalist Group January 2004 A biographical note states that "he is the Vice Chairman of JLT America, a London based international insurance brokerage. In the early 1990s, he served as a managing partner of America Mercantile Group, a private merchant bank. And he was the managing partner of a Washington consulting firm from 1985 to 1988."
A biographical note states that "Berman has played a substantive political role in just about every Republican presidential campaign of the last generation. He was a senior advisor to the Bush/Cheney transition in 2001, the vice presidential campaign director for Dole/Kemp and deputy director of the Republican National Convention in 1996, director of congressional relations during the Bush/Quayle campaign in 1988 and a deputy director of the Bush/Reagan transition team in 1981. He has served in a variety of fundraising capacities in every Republican presidential race since 1992."
- member of the board of counselors for the Arabic media group Layalina Productions;
- member of the board of directors of the Republican Jewish Coalition;
- member of the board of trustees of the Library of Congress;
- member of the board of trustees of the Center for Strategic and International Studies; and
- member of the board of trustees of the Center for the Study of the Presidency.
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Who We Are: Wayne L. Berman", Ogilvy Government Relations website, accessed March 2009.
- ↑ "Wayne L. Berman", Cheney Cardiovascular Institute website, accessed March 2009.
- ↑ Jonathan Weisman, "Bush Adviser Helped Law Firm Land Job Lobbying for CNOOC," Washington Post, July 12, 2005.
- ↑ "about layalina", Layalina Productions website, accessed March 2009.
- ↑ "Biographies", Republican Jewish Coalition website, accessed March 2009.