WeCare Roofmix is made from sewage sludge (renamed biosolids) by the company WeCare Organics LLC. Under USDA organic standards, sewage sludge may not be used in organic agriculture. However, companies such as WeCare that market sewage sludge in fertilizer and compost products often claim to be "natural" or "organic." In addition to WeCare Roofmix, WeCare Organics and its subsidiary EarthBlends Inc sell the sludge products EarthBlends Plus™ Pellets, EarthBlends Advantage, and WeCare Compost.
- WeCare Organics LLC
- 9293 Bonta Bridge Road
- Jordan, New York 13080
- Phone: 1-866-SOIL-2-GO or 315-689-1937
- Fax: 315-689-1996
- Web: http://www.wecareorganics.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- ↑ WeCare Organics - WeCare Compost, Accessed November 11, 2010.
- Marie Kulick, Smart Guide on Sludge Use and Food Production, Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, 2008.
- Targeted National Sewage Sludge Survey: EPA-822-R-08-016 and EPA-822-R-08-018, EPA, January 2009.
- Environmental Working Group, Dumping Sewage Sludge On Organic Farms? Why USDA Should Just Say No, April, 1998.
- Environmental Working Group, Routes of Exposure sewage sludge: EWG Research on Chemicals in sewage sludge, April 30, 1998.