|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a U.S. discount broker that provides financial services to individuals, independent advisors, and companies of various sizes. It has 7 million individual and institutional customers and manages approximately $1.3 trillion. Customers use its services by way of telephone, internet, or visiting offices. It offers private banking, bond trading, annuities, and mutual funds. It also offers mortgages, CDs, and other banking products through its Charles Schwab Bank. In 2006, it had sales of $5 billion and profits of $1.2 billion.  
- Dave Pottruck - former CEO
The Charles Schwab political action committee gave $97,500 to federal candidates in the 2006 election - 56% to Democrats and 44% to Republicans.  Charles Schwab himself was acknowledged at the privately held Koch seminar in June 2011 in Vail, Colorado for donating at least $1 million to Koch-related causes.
|Key executives and 2006 pay: ||Options
|Charles Robert Schwab, Jr., Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer||$5,150,000||$16,950,000|
|Walter W. Bettinger II, Chief Operating Officer||N/A||N/A|
|Peter Kevin Scaturro, Executive Vice President||N/A||N/A|
|Carrie E. Dwyer, Corpoarate Secretary||$1,770,000||$2,130,000|
Selected members of the Board of Directors: 
- William F. Aldinger III, Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HSBC North America Inc
- Nancy H. Bechtle, Former President and Chief Executive Officer of the San Francisco Symphony
- Donald G. Fisher, Founder of Gap Inc.
101 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
- Charles Schwab Profile, Hoovers, accessed September 2007.
- About page, Charles Schwab, accessed September 2007.
- 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed September 2007.
- Charles Schwab lobbying expenses, Open Secrets, accessed September 2007.
- Charles Schwab Key Executives, Yahoo Finance, accessed September 2007.
- Board of Directors, Charles Schwab, accessed September 2007.