Lobbying firms are specialist companies that primarily represent clients to politicians and government regulators. While there are no clear boundaries between what is lobbying and what is PR, lobbying firms often play specific roles within a broader campaign plan. Some lobbying firms are subsidiaries of public relations firms while some law firms also fulfill a lobbying function for their clients.
The following is a list of lobbying firms:
- Arent Fox PLLC
- Ashcroft Group
- Baker Donelson Bearman & Caldwell
- Bannerman & Associates
- Berman & Co.
- Bergner, Bockorny, Castagnetti, Hawkins & Brain
- Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly
- Blank, Rome, Comisky and McCauley
- Bob Lawrence & Associates
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft
- Carmen Group Lobbying
- Capitol Partners, Inc.
- Compass Strategies, LLC
- DCI Group
- Giuliani Partners
- Gold & Liebengood
- Holtzman Vogel, PLLC
- Hunzinger AG
- JD Consulting (Jill Gimmel Daschle)
- Jefferson Consulting Group
- Keys To The Capitol
- Kimbell Sherman Ellis
- Mehlman Vogel Castagnetti
- Kogovsek & Assoc. Inc.
- Lesher & Russell
- Mehl, Griffin, & Bartek
- Mickey Ibarra and Associates
- Patton Boggs
- PMA Group
- Pozitiv Communications 
- PwC Consulting Ltd.
- Quinn Gillespie & Associates; see Ed Gillespie
- S. R. Wojdak & Associates
- SPS Consultants
- Washington Strategic Consulting
- Wexler and Walker Public Policy Associates
- Whitman Strategy Group
Political Lobbying Organizations
- American Defense International
- Association of State Democratic Chairs
- Common Cause
- Democracy 21
- Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- Democratic State Party Organization
- Gorton Moore International
- National Republican Senatorial Committee
- Netherlands Genomics Initiative
- New Democrat Network
- People for the American Way
- Piper Rudnick LLP
- PodestaMattoon/Anthony T. Podesta
- Potomac Advocates
- Progress for America
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- The Dutko Group
Lobbying Industry Lobby Groups
Other Political Entities
- Government-industry revolving door
- Regulating lobbying
- corporate inversion
- soft money
- Lobby groups/Australia
- Keys to the Capitol - Washington DC Lobbying Firm
- Political Money Line
- Media Transparency
- Knox County Ohio DemBlog
- Inside Lobbying ~ Market your ideas to Congress more effectively.
Articles & Commentary
- "Star Rainmakers: The Hill's list of top lobbyists," The Hill, March 26, 2003.
- "Anderson and Pitts Named Top Lobbyists by The Hill Newspaper," The Hill, March 31, 2004.
- Ted McKenna, "Lobbyists try to shake scandalous image", PR Week, October 25, 2006. (Sub req'd)
- Tory Newmyer, "Lobbying Firms Preparing for Major Hill Realignment," Roll Call, November 9, 2006.