Kofi Annan was the Secretary-General of the United Nations betweeen December 1996 and December 2006.
- Founder, Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre
- Chair, Africa Progress Panel 
- President, Global Humanitarian Forum 
- Director, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa 
- Director, Better World Fund 
- International Advisory Council (2011), JPMorgan Chase 
- Winner of the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize
- Winner of the 2001 Nobel Peace Prize 
- Winner of the 2003 Sakharov Prize 
- Winner of the 2004 Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt Institute: Four Freedoms Award
- Winner of the 2006 Olof Palme Prize 
- Recipient of the 2008 Center for Health and the Global Environment Global Environmental Citizen Award
- Former Hononary Chair, International Peace Academy
- Honoree of the 2009 David Rockefeller Bridging Leadership Award 
- Visionary, The Vision Project 
- Patron, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect
- Counsellor, One Young World 
- Winner (2008), Tallberg Foundation Award 
- Prize Committee (chair), Mo Ibrahim Foundation 
- Member, The Elders 
Resources and articles
- About, Africa Progress Panel, accessed January 13, 2011.
- Directors, Global Humanitarian Forum, accessed December 2, 2009.
- AGRA Board & Staff, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa, accessed December 9, 2007.
- About, Better World Fund, accessed April 4, 2009.
- JPMorgan Chase International Advisory Council, organizational web page, accessed October 26, 2013.
- All Nobel Peace Prize Laureates, Nobel Prize, accessed September 17, 2007.
- Prize Winners, European Parliament, accessed August 24, 2007.
- Olof Palme Prize, The Olof Palme Memorial Fund, accessed November 20, 2009.
- David Rockefeller Bridging Leadership Award Honorees, Synergos Institute, accessed December 4, 2011.
- Visionaries, The Vision Project, accessed July 29, 2008.
- Counsellors, One Young World, accessed January 8, 2011.
- Award, Tallberg Foundation, accessed November 15, 2010.
- man giving Africa a brighter future, guardian.co.uk, accessed January 8, 2011.
- About, The Elders, accessed February 10, 2011.