Center for Health and the Global Environment
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Center for Health and the Global Environment "was founded in 1996 at Harvard Medical School to expand environmental education at medical schools and to further investigate and promote awareness of the human health consequences of global environmental change." 
Corporate Council 
Global Environmental Citizen Award
"The Global Environmental Citizen Award is presented annually by the Center for Health and the Global Environment to individuals who have been world leaders in protecting the global environment." 
- 2012: Alec Baldwin
- 2011 Gisele Bündchen
- 2010 The Honorable John Kerry and Teresa Heinz
- 2009 Her Majesty Queen Noor and Edward Norton
- 2008: Kofi Annan and Alice Waters
- 2007: His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales
- 2005: Former Vice President Al Gore
- 2004: Bill Moyers
- 2003: Jane Goodall
- 2002: Harrison Ford
- 2001: Edward O. Wilson
Accessed October 2007: 
- Ray C. Anderson - Founder and Chairman, Interface, Inc.
- Dan Barber - Chef, Creative Director, Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture
- Steve Curwood - Host / Executive Producer, Living on Earth
- Robert Fox A.I.A. - Partner, Fox + Cook
- Henry A. Jordan M.D. - Founder and Chairman, Glynwood Center
- Winsome McIntosh - Founder and Director, Rachel's Network
- William Moomaw - Professor of International Environmental Policy, Tufts University
- Michel Nischan - Chef and Owner, Dressing Room - A Homegrown Restaurant
- Franklin W. Nutter J.D. - President, Reinsurance Association of America
- Fredrick Osborn III - Philanthropist
- Carl Safina Ph.D. - President, Blue Ocean Institute and Author
Accessed October 2007: 
- Director - Eric Chivian, M.D. - Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry
- Associate Director - Paul R. Epstein, M.D., M.P.H. - Instructor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Daniel A. Goodenough Ph.D. - Takeda Professor of Cell Biology
- James Hanken Ph.D. - Alexander Agassiz Professor of Zoology
- Jennifer Leaning M.D., M.S. - Professor of International Health
- James J. McCarthy Ph.D. - Alexander Aggasiz Professor of Biological Oceanography
- Melissa Perry M.H.P., Sc.D. - Associate Professor of Occupational Epidemiology
- Joel Schwartz Ph.D. - Professor of Environmental Epidemiology
- John Spengler Ph.D. - Akira Yamaguchi Professor of Environmental Health and Human Habitation
- Edward O. Wilson Ph.D. - University Research Professor, Emeritus
Resources and articles
- Meryl Streep - Board Member
- Dawn M. Martin - advisor
- ↑ About, Center for Health and the Global Environment, accessed October 7, 2007.
- ↑ Corporate Council, Center for Health and the Global Environment, accessed October 7, 2007.
- ↑ Global Environmental Citizen Award, Center for Health and the Global Environment, accessed August 30, 2008.
- ↑ Advisory Board, Center for Health and the Global Environment, accessed October 7, 2007.
- ↑ Faculty, Center for Health and the Global Environment, accessed October 7, 2007.