Her Majesty Queen Noor
Queen Noo is "the founder and chair of the King Hussein Foundation International, a non-profit, non-governmental organization established in 1999 to promote and build on King Hussein’s humanitarian vision and legacy. The Foundation fosters peace and security through programs that promote cross cultural understanding and social, economic and political opportunity in the Muslim and Arab world.
"The Noor Al Hussein Foundation (NHF), founded in 1985 to consolidate and integrate the Queen’s diverse development initiatives, has received international recognition for its institutions and programs, particularly in the areas of empowering women, community development and micro-finance. NHF programs have successfully advanced and modernized development thinking in Jordan by progressing beyond traditional charity-oriented social welfare practices to integrate social development strategies more closely with national economic priorities.
"Queen Noor is actively involved in a number of international organizations advancing global peace-building and conflict recovery, and advises the United Nations on these issues. She is president of the United World Colleges, Chair of the United Nations University International Leadership Academy, Advisor to Women Waging Peace, Seeds of Peace and the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, Patron of the World Conservation Union, trustee of the Aspen Institute, Conservation International, World Wildlife Fund International, Refugees International, and a member of the International Commission on Missing Persons among other affiliations.
"In recognition of her efforts to advance development, democracy, and peace, Queen Noor has been awarded numerous international awards and honorary doctorates in international relations, law, and humane letters.
"Her autobiography, Leap of Faith: Memoirs of an Unexpected Life (Miramax Books, 2003) was a New York Times bestseller published in 15 languages." 
- President Emeritus, Bird Life International 
- Founding member, International Commission on Peace and Food
- Co-chair, State of the World Forum
- Royal Trustee, Mentor Foundation 
- Advisory Board, American Near East Refugee Aid
- Advisory Board, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee
- Advisory Board (2002), Center for the Global South 
- Advisory Council, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
- Advisory Council, The Initiative for Inclusive Security
- International Advisory Board, Pew Global Attitudes Project
- Advisory Board, Seeds of Peace
- WWF International: Trustees
- Director, The Hunger Project 
- Honorary Advisor, Free The Children 
- National Advisory Board, Arab American National Museum
- Honorary Director, Polaris Project 
- Member, Ocean Elders 
- Patron, Mineseeker Foundation 
- Winner of the 2009 award from the Center for Health and the Global Environment
Resources and articles
- Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan, Jordanian Government, accessed July 18, 2007.
- Global Overview, BirdLife International, accessed April 22, 2009.
- Mentor Foundation Royal Trustees, organizational web page, accessed May 13, 2012.
- Advisory Board, American University, accessed November 14, 2008.
- Board, Hunger Project, accessed November 27, 2007.
- Honorary Advisors, Free The Children, accessed September 8, 2008.
- Directors, Polaris Project, accessed May 27, 2009.
- Members, OceanElders, accessed November 28, 2011.
- Mineseeker Foundation Patrons, organizational web page, accessed May 10, 2012.