According to GMWatch.org, Martin Livermore is a PR man who previously worked for the biotechnology company DuPont, as well as for the agri-food giants Unilever and Dalgety. A biographical note states that he has over 25 years experience including "of working overseas (South Africa and the Netherlands) and in US and Continental European business cultures." 
Martin Livermore has worked in major agri-food companies (DuPont, Unilever and Dalgety). Prior to setting up Ascham Associates in 2001, his biogrpahical note states that his "roles included setting up and managing major food ingredients R&D programmes, long-term strategy development in the green biotechnology sector, and development of industry-wide co-operative outreach activities. He has extensive networks in the food chain, public sector, NGO and think tank communities and is media trained." 
- "[http://www.aschamassociates.com/4871.html Martin Livermore: Ascham Associates
- "Martin Livermore", GM Watch, accessed September 2006.
Articles by & Interviews With Livermore
- Martin Livermore, "The scientific method", Spiked,
- Martin Livermore, "In thrall to the green god", BBC, March 3, 2006.
- Martin Livermore, "Global warming debate must be heated", Guardian (UK), September 22, 2006. Livermore is the director of the Scientific Alliance).
- Andy Rowell, "Sowing seeds of doubt: DuPont attempts to influence anti-GM food campaigners", Guardian (UK), August 2, 2000.