National Cancer Advisory Board
The National Cancer Advisory Board is an advisory committee of the U.S. National Cancer Institute (NCI). The role of the board is to "Advise the Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services and the Director, NCI, with respect to the activities of the Institute including reviewing and recommending for support grants and cooperative agreements, following technical and scientific peer review." 
"The Board shall consist of: (l) 18 members appointed by the President, and (2) 12 nonvoting ex officio members ...
- Not more than 12 of the appointed members shall be selected from among the leading representatives of the health and scientific disciplines
- (including not less than two individuals who are leaders in the fields of public health and the behavioral or social sciences) that are relevant to the activities of the Institute.
- Not more than six of the appointed members shall be representatives from the general public, including leaders in fields of public policy, law, health policy, economics and management.
- Not less than five of the appointed members shall be individuals knowledgeable in environmental carcinogenesis (including carcinogenesis involving occupational and dietary factors)." 
As of November 2007. members of the Board are:
- Carolyn Runowicz, Chairperson
- Anthony Atala
- Bruce Chabner
- Moon Chen,
- Kenneth Cowan
- Jean De Kernion
- Lloyd Everson
- Judah Folkman
- Kathy Giusti
- David H. Koch
- Diana Lopez,
- Karen Meneses
- Franklyn Prendergast
- Lydia Ryan
- Daniel Van Hoff 
Appointees of G.W.Bush in 2002: 
- Marlys Popma
-  deputy campaign manager for Phil Gramm's campaign in Iowa
-  past president of Iowa's Right to Life Committee
-  Family spokeswoman for McCaughey septuplets
-  veteran Iowa GOP political operative
-  Deputy National Political Director for Bauer for President
-  executive director of the Republican Party of Iowa
-  "Occupation: Politician, Consultant; President of IHS (In His Service) Consulting; IHS consults non-profit and political organizations according to Biblical principals; Marlys Popma’s life story reads like a fairytale, with some serious soap opera overtones." 
- Moon S. Chen, PhD
- Professor Dept. of Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine; Associate Director for cancer prevention and control; Univ. CA Davis Cancer Center
- Kenneth H. Cowan
- Director, Univ. NE Medical Center, Eppley Cancer Center
- Jean B. DeKernion
- Professor & Chairman Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Operations, Dept. of Urology, Univ. CA, School of Medicine
- Franklyn G. Prendergast, PhD
- Director of Research, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
- Lydia G. Ryan
- Service Line Clinical Director, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, AFLAC Cancer Center
Appointees of G.W.Bush in 2003: 
The President intends to appoint Eric Steven Lander of Massachusetts, to be a Member of the National Cancer Advisory Board for the remainder of a six year term, expiring March 3, 2006. Dr. Lander, a geneticist, molecular biologist, and mathematician, is a member of the Whitehead Institute and the founder and director of the Whitehead Institute -- M.I.T. Center for Genome Research. He is also a professor of biology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In addition to his work in biology, he was an assistant and associate professor of managerial economics at the Harvard Business School from 1981 until 1990. He earned his bachelor's degree in mathematics from Princeton University and his Ph.D. in mathematics from Oxford University.
- National Cancer Institute, "National Cancer Advisory Board: Function Statement", accessed November 2007.
- National Cancer Institute, "National Cancer Advisory Board: Charter Summary", accessed November 2007.
- National Cancer Institute, National Cancer Institute: National Cancer Advisory Board Roster", accessed November 2007.