Peter W. Wood
In the role of National Association of Scholars President he has espoused climate contrarianism, but it is unclear that he has any background in the climate science field.
Background and experience
- "He is a graduate of Haverford College, Rutgers University, and the University of Rochester, from which he received a Ph.D. in anthropology in 1987. He previously served as provost of The King’s College in New York City, and as associate provost and the president [ John Silber ]’s chief of staff at Boston University, where he was also a tenured member of the anthropology department."
Climate science and policy
Expertise is unclear
It is unclear whether Dr. Wood has any academic background or experience that would qualify him to hold informed views about the field of climate science.
Writings are dismissive
In June 2011, in the Chronicle of Higher Education weblog, posts appearing under Wood's byline included a 3-part attack on sustainability,, and a post casting doubt on human-caused climate change and dismissing the work by John Mashey and others to expose and counter the climate denial PR effort.
Articles and resources
- Peter Wood. Carolina Journal. Retrieved on 2011-07-12.
- Dr. Wood has declined to provide this information so far, saying he will take the request "under advisement." - Ahaynes, 2011-07-14; no further information, two weeks later
- Peter Wood (2011-06-16). Tyranny or Theft? Part 1 - Innovations. The Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved on 2011-07-10. “Tyranny or Theft? Part 1”
- Peter Wood (2011-06-16). Tyranny or Theft? Part 2. The Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved on 2011-07-10. “Tyranny or Theft? Part 3”
- Peter Wood (2011-06-16). Tyranny or Theft? Part 3. The Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved on 2011-07-10.
- Peter W. Wood (2011-06-30). Bottling Up Global Warming Skepticism. The Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved on 2011-07-10. “"At 15, P.T. Barnum showed what he was made of...Of course, man-made global warming is just one exhibit in the contemporary higher-education circus."”
- Tim Lambert. Peter Wood's double standard on plagiarism. Deltoid. Retrieved on 2011-07-10.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Bottling Nonsense – Peter Wood and the National Association of Scholars, 34pp report by John Mashey, 2011-08-01