Sallie L. Baliunas
Sallie Louise Baliunas received her M.A. (1975) and Ph.D. (1980) degrees in Astrophysics from Harvard University.
Global Warming Skeptic
Between December 1998 and September 2001 she was listed as a "Scientific Adviser" to the Greening Earth Society, a group that was funded and controlled by the Western Fuels Association (WFA), an association of coal-burning utility companies. WFA founded the group in 1997, according to an archived version of it website, "as a vehicle for advocacy on climate change, the environmental impact of CO2, and fossil fuel use."
She is Enviro-Sci Host for James K. Glassman's Tech Central Station, and a astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. Baliunas received in 1997 the Petr Beckmann Award for her "devastating critique of the global warming hoax." 
Until January 1, 2003, she served as Deputy Director of the Mount Wilson Institute. 
- Advisory Board, Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow 
- George C. Marshall Institute
- Between 1998-2001Greening Earth Society
- Scientific Alliance
- Statistical Assessment Service
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- "Scientific Advisers", Greening Earth Society, website archived from December 1998.
- Greening Earth Society, "Scientific Advisers", Greening Earth Society, website archived from September 2001.
- "Join GES", Greening Earth Society website, archived from March 2005.
- Advisory Board, Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow, accessed September 19, 2008.
- Jeff Nesmith, "Foes of Global Warming Theory Have Energy Ties," Seattle Post-Intelligencer, June 2, 2003.
- "Scientific advisors," Greening Earth Society
- "Sallie Baliunas," Wikipedia
- Willy Soon and Sallie Baliunas, "Lessons & Limits of Climate History:Was the 20th Century Climate Unusual?," George C. Marshall Institute, 2003. (Pdf file).
- Sallie Baliunas, "Warming Up to the Truth: The Real Story About Climate Change," Heritage Lecture #758, August 22, 2002.