SunGard Data Systems Inc.
Sungard Data Systems, Inc. is, according to their website, "one of the world’s largest software and technology services companies, it has organized its customer service around small business units with maximum responsibility, flexibility and accountability, committed to serving specific industries and functional areas. This enables SunGard to develop deep industry expertise, focus on customers’ requirements and take responsibility for solving their most challenging issues smartly and effectively."
It was founded in 1982, spun off from a division of Sun Oil Company. SunGard is currently headquartered in Wayne, Pennsylvania and is incorporated in Delaware. It is a privately held company that reported $333 million in revenue in 2011. "In 1986, SunGard went public and remained a public company until August of 2005 when it changed back to a private company as a result of an LBO valued at $11.4 billion. Organized by Silver Lake, the investors in the LBO included Bain Capital Partners, The Blackstone Group, Goldman Sachs & Co., Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Providence Equity Partners and Texas Pacific Group."
SunGard Data Systems is closely associated with SunGard Capital Corp. and SunGard Capital Corp. II.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." SunGard Data Systems Inc. is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
As of February 2013:
- Russ Fradin - President & CEO
- Mike Borman - CEO, Public Sector
- George Prepper - Acting President & CEO, SunGard K-12 Education
- Anthony Calenda - Senior Vice President, Corporate Development & Strategy
- Vince Coppola - Senior Vice President, Global Business Services & Technology
- Karen Mullane - Vice President & Controller
- Harold Finders - CEO, Financial Systems
- Charles Neral - CFO
- Victoria Sillbey - Senior Vice President, Legal & Chief Legal Officer
- Regina Brab - Senior Vice President, Human Resources & Chief Human Resources Office
- Steven Silberstein - Senior Vice President, Technology & Chief Technology Office
- Andrew Stern - CEO, Availability Services
- Brian Traquair - Group Segment President, SunGard's capital markets business
680 East Swedesford Rd
Wayne, PA 19087
Phone: (800) 825-2518
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- SunGard, About SunGard - Financial Information", organization website, accessed February 2013
- SunGard Capital Corp., "2011 Annual Report 10-K" company financial document, accessed February 6, 2013
- SunGard, "About SunGard" organizational website, accessed February 6, 2013
- SunGard, "Management Team", organizational website, accessed February 6, 2013
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|