The Limited Service Corporation
The Limited Service Corporation (LSC) is a subsidiary of garment industry giant Limited Brands, Inc. (formerly The Limited, Inc.) of Columbus, Ohio. The Limited Brands, Inc., website identifies LSC as a "support company." 
The "support" function of The Limited Service Corp. within Limited Brands, Inc., is undetermined. One indication comes from an online resume which states that the applicant had "Audited Legal, Accounting, and Consulting records for period close for all Limited Service Corporation ... entities". A 1997 sample contract identifies The Limited Service Corporation as a Delaware corporation. The CPA Journal identifies LSC as "The Company," indicating that is the legal and auditing services branch of Limited Brands. 
A fourth document refers to "the Employer (Limited Service Company and its affiliates)," further indicating that LSC is the company and Limited Brands, Inc., is the branded label.  This may be confirmed by a legal opinion regarding "Law corporations and names": 
- "The Act itself states that the corporate name shall end with the word 'Chartered', 'Limited', Service Corporation, or 'S.C.' The name must not be misleading or deceptive."
However, as demonstrated by the external links below, one major function would appear to be as a vehicle to deliver significant amounts of soft money funds to political candidates and causes of interest to the parent company.
Limited Brands, Inc.
Three Limited Parkway
P.O. Box 16000
Columbus, OH 43216
Phone: (614) 415-7000
Fax: (614) 415-7094
Related SourceWatch articles
- "Limited Brands" in the Wikipedia.
- Limited Brands, Inc., Forbes.com.
- Limited Brands, Inc., Hoovers Online.
- Limited Inc. Soft Money Donations 1999-2000, OpenSecrets.org: To Democrats: $300,000 (28%); To Republicans: $780,100 (72%); Total: $1,080,100.
- "Corporate contributors to George W. Bush's inauguration festivities 2000,", American Politics Journal, last updated May 14, 2001: "The Limited Service Corp. Columbus OH $ 100,000.00".
- Contributors to Ohioans Against Unsafe Drug Laws (Opponents of Ohio Issue 1). Data Reported to Ohio Secretary of State, 10/24/02; only pre-election report: $25,000.00 The Limited Service Corporation.
- "List of House leader's assets," AP, June 20, 2003: "Summaries of the 2002 financial disclosure statements of House leaders and chairmen and ranking members of House committees: ... Rep. Tom DeLay, R-Texas, House majority leader. ... The Limited Service Corp., Columbus, Ohio, $5,000 ..."
- "Major Donor Information. Presidential Inaugural Committee," michaelmoore.com, January 20, 2005: "The Limited Service Corporation Columbus OH $100,000."
- "Funders to Citizens for a Strong Ohio," ohio.com, January 29, 2005: "The names of contributors to the 2000 campaign to unseat Ohio Supreme Court Justice Alice Robie Resnick were released by the Ohio Chamber of Commerce on Friday, Jan. 28, 2005. (Where there are multiple entries for one company, last line represents combined.)": Limited Service Corporation 9/12/2000 $30,000 total.