|Campaign to Fix the Debt|
|CEO Name||Tom Rogers|
|Annual Company Revenue||$238,179,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$450,000|
|Click here for sources.|
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
TiVo, Inc. is a publicly owned company whose primary product is its Tivo digital video recorder. Founded in 1997, the company "created a brand-new product and service category with the development of the world's first digital video recorder (DVR)." The company is headquartered in Alviso, California.
In 2011, TiVo reported $238,179,000 in net revenues.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." TiVo is part of the Campaign to Fix the Debt as of February 2013.
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
As of January 2013
- Tom Rogers: CEO and President
- Naveen Chopra: Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Jeff Klugman: Executive Vice President, General Manager of Products and Revenue
- Tara Maltra: Senior Vice President, GM, Content and Media Sales
- Dan Phillips: Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
- Matthew Zinn: Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer
2160 Gold Street
Alviso, CA 95002-2160
Phone: (408) 519-9100
Resources and articles
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- ↑ "About TiVo Inc.", "'TiVo", Accessed January 22, 2013.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Contact Us", TiVo", Accessed January 22, 2013.
- ↑ TiVo, "2011 Annual Report", organizational document, page 41.
- ↑ "management Team", TiVo, Accessed January 22, 2013.