Arad is a former Professional Staff Member with the Hudson Institute in New York and a Research Fellow at Tel Aviv University’s Center for Strategic Studies.During his time at the Hudson Institute from 1972 to 1975 he was a close colleague of Herman Kahn.
In April 1997, Arad was offered the post of head of Tel Aviv University's Jaffee Center for Strategic Studies. The move was seen as an attempt to give the center a higher profile and a greater policy orientation.However, he ultimately turned down the post when he received the chance to work for Benjamin Netanyahu's new Israeli government.
- Neocon Europe Uzi Arad
- Professor Uzi Arad, Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya, accessed 2 February 2009.
- Uzi Arad: Out of the shadows, into the line of fire, The Jerusalem Post, 17 October 1997.
- Mossad official to head TAU's Jaffee Center, by Steve Radan, The Jerusalem Post, 10 April 1997.
- Arieh O'Sullivan, Beyond the Ivory Tower, Jerusalem Post, 2 January 1998.
- Israel names new UN ambassador, by Dafna Linzer, Associated Press, 21 May 1997.