|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
World Growth was founded by Alan Oxley and describes itself as a "is a non-profit, non-governmental organization established to bring balance to the debate over trade, globalization, and sustainable development...
"At World Growth we embrace and celebrate this new age of globalization. In our view, the gradual replacement of trade wars with trade agreements is creating levels of economic growth, social understanding and cultural richness unprecedented in history. Economic statistics and anecdotes from around the world only confirm what most people instinctively know: We are better off when we work together." 
A Cached page of their website from 2003 notes that: "Program Manager is Kristen Osborne", and that "Worldgrowth.org will be advised by a Board of eminent figures, the Chair of which will be the Hon. Michael Duffy, a former Minister for Trade, Communications, and Attorney-General of Australia." 
At the December 2009 COP15 conference, Oxley launched a report, Conversion: The Immutable Link Between Forestry and Development: A World Growth Report. In media release launching the report in Copenhagen, Oxley claimed that "drastically overstated deforestation rates are being used to justify climate policies that will harm economic growth in developing countries." Oxley claimed that "groups like World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) to say that deforestation contributes to 20 per cent of global emissions, but it’s closer to 5 percent." (A video of Oxley's release of the report at a media conference at COP15 is arched [http://www1.cop15.meta-fusion.com/kongresse/cop15/templ/ovw.php?id_kongressmain=1&theme=unfccc# here}. (See Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation for more details about proposals being discussed at COP15).
Accessed September 2008: 
- Pat Cox - Former President of the European Parliament
- Steve Forbes - President & CEO, Forbes Inc and Editor-in Chief, Forbes
- Deepak K. Lal - James Coleman Professor of Development Studies at the University of California-Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Hugh Morgan - Trustee Emeritus of The Asia Society and former Director of Alcoa
Articles and Resources
Related Sourcewatch articles
- History, World Growth, accessed September 1, 2008.
- About, World Growth, accessed September 1, 2008.
- "Green Activists' Claims About Deforestation Wrong, New Report Finds", Media Release, December 8, 2009.
- Advisory Board, World Growth, accessed September 1, 2008.