Alice H. Henkin
"Alice Henkin is an attorney working on international human rights law. She began the Justice & Society Program 23 years ago to convene leaders from several disciplines and professions to help shape US policies regarding human rights, international law, transnational justice, and multilateral peacekeeping field operations. Previously, Alice chaired the Association of the Bar of the City of New York Committee on International Human Rights, and is a former vice president of the Association. She has written extensively on human rights, transitional justice, and human rights and multilateral peacekeeping." 
"Alice has served an active role in promoting and protecting international human rights through her service: on the Board of Directors of Human Rights Watch; as Chair of the International Human Rights Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York; and as a member of human rights missions to Cuba, the former Soviet Union, Turkey, South Africa and Egypt." 
Married to Louis Henkin.
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations 
- Member, Human Rights Watch Africa Advisory Committee
- Member, Human Rights Watch Children's Rights Advisory Committee
- Member, Human Rights Watch Europe and Central Asia Advisory Committee
- Director, Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative
- Director, Independent Diplomat 
- "Biography", Accessed January 2007.
Resources and articles
- Board, Independent Diplomat, accessed September 14, 2011.