AmerisourceBergen Corporation (NYSE:ABC), based in Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania, is one of the largest pharmaceutical services companies in the United States. It sells generic, branded, and over-the-counter drugs to pharmacies, doctors' offices, and hospitals. In 2006, sales were US$61.2 billion with profits of US$467 million and it had over 14,000 employees. It ranked #27 on the list of Fortune 500 companies.  
ABC provides distribution and related services to all members of the pharmaceutical supply channel.
Supplier customers include most U.S. manufactureres of:
- Branded pharmaceuticals
- Generic pharmaceuticals
- Biotech and specialty medicines and vaccines
- Over-the-counter remedies
- Health and beauty aids
AmerisourceBergen customers include:
- Retail pharmacies
- National and regional chains
- Long-term care facilities
- Physician offices
- Pharmacy benefit managers
- Prescription mail order facilities
AmerisourceBergen is organized into five areas:
- AmerisourceBergen Drug Company (ABDC), which specializes in distribution of pharmaceuticals and healthcare supplies
- AmerisourceBergen Packaging Group (ABPG), which provides a comprehensive line of packaging services for national and private-label pharmaceutical manufacturers and retail customers; ABPG is the leading packager of physician samples for new drug launches
- AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group (ABSG), which provides a variety of specialized services designed to improve access flow of specialty pharmaceutical products such as oncology, protein and biotechnology drugs and vaccines from clinical trials through market expansion
- Pharmerica Long Term Care, which operates pharmacies within skilled nursing and assisted living facilities across the country
- PMSI, which provides medications, equipment, supplies and reimbursement support for injured workers on Workers' Compensation.
|Key executives and 2006 pay: ||Options
|R. David Yost, Director and Chief Executive Officer||$2,670,000||$5,870,000|
|Michael D. Dicandilo, Chief Financial Officer||$1,160,000||$1,440,000|
|Steven H. Collis, Executive Vice President||$933,000||$1,690,000|
Selected members of the Board of Directors: 
- Richard C. Gozon, Chairman of the Board
- Edward E. Hagenlocker, Former Vice Chairman of Ford Motor Company
- Michael J. Long
Former FDA Commissioner Jane Henney, 57, is also a Director of AmerisourceBergen Corporation and AstraZeneca PLC. Dr. Henney serves as a member of CIGNA's Audit Committee and Corporate Governance Committee. She has been a Director of CIGNA Corporation since 2004. Her current term expires in April 2007. Dr. Henney has been Senior Vice President and Provost, Health Affairs at University of Cincinnati Medical Center since July 2003. Dr. Henney was Senior Scholar at the Association of Academic Health Centers from 2001 until June 2003.
Jane Henney was Commissioner of the U.S. Food & Drug Administration from 1998 until January 2001. During her tenure at FDA, Henney approved the health claims for soy which resulted in a dramatic spike in sales for the GMO-Genetically Modified Organisms or GE- Genetically Engineered soy growers and pharmafarmers who grow biotech crops.
1300 Morris Drive, Room 100
Chesterbrook, PA 19087
- AmerisourceBergen Corporation Profile, Hoovers, accessed December 2007.
- AmerisourceBergen, Fortune, accessed December 2007.
- 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed December 2007.
- AmerisourceBergen lobbying expenses, Open Secrets, accessed December 2007.
- AmerisourceBergen Key Executives, Yahoo Finance, accessed December 2007.
- Board of Directors, AmerisourceBergen, accessed December 2007.