Ashok Khosla is the founder and president of Development Alternatives Group, "an organization that promotes environmentally friendly and commercially viable technologies. Khosla has served as the Director of the Office of Environment with the Indian government, and has been a consultant to the World Bank, United Nations and various other governmental and inter-governmental agencies. In 2002, he was awarded the Sasakawa Environment Prize for his efforts in promoting sustainable development." 
"Graduated from Cambridge University and received his doctorate in experimental physics from Harvard University. He is the Chairman of the Development Alternatives Group, based in New Delhi, the world’s first Social Enterprise, dedicated to Sustainable Development. Currently, he is President of the Club of Rome and President of the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). Has served on the boards of several international agencies, including the Worldwide Fund for Nature (WWF), EXPO 2000, International Institute for Sustainable Development, the Stockholm Environment Institute, the Earth Council and the Centre for Our Common Future, and was Chairman of ’92 Global Forum, the NGO counterpart of the Earth Summit (UNCED) at Rio de Janeiro. Also has been member of Government of India’s Scientific Advisory Council to the Cabinet and National Security Advisory Board. He was awarded the United Nations Sasakawa Environment Prize in 2002 and the Schwab Foundation’s Award for Outstanding Social Entrepreneur in 2004 and the OBE in 2008. Author of more than 350 papers and articles, he is the editor of the monthly journal “Development Alternatives”. During his career, he was Director of the Office of Environment, Government of India and responsible for setting up and heading the first national environmental agency in the developing world. Subsequently was Director, INFOTERRA in the United Nations Environment Programme, in charge of the design and implementation of the global environment information system. Has been consultant to the World Bank, United Nations, GEF and various other inter-governmental and government agencies, and Special Advisor to the Brundtland Commission. Also was advisor to the MacArthur Foundation, IDRC, and the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences." 
- Founding Board Member, Alliance for the New Humanity
- Executive Committee, Club of Rome
- Co-president, Russian Association for the Club of Rome
- Former member of Advisory Board, Teachers Without Borders 
- Advisory Board, European Management Institute 
- Member, World Future Council
- Advisory Council, LEAD International 
His website is http://www.khosla.in
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Ashok Khosla, Alliance for the New Humanity, accessed July 29, 2008.
- Founding Member, Development Alternatives Global, accessed November 20, 2009.
- Directors, Teachers Without Borders, accessed August 17, 2008.
- Advisory Board, European Management Institute, accessed August 26, 2008.
- Advisory Council, LEAD International, accessed April 22, 2009.