Brian Martin "is Professor of Social Sciences in the School of Social Sciences, Media and Communication at the University of Wollongong." 
- International Council, Freedom to Care British whistleblowers group, 2004-
- Society for Social Studies of Science, 1992- ; Elected member of Council, 1992-1995
- International Peace Research Association, 1990-
- Advisory Committee, Civilian-based Defense Association, USA, 1989-
- Advisory Research Panel, Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research, Sweden, 1986-
- Australasian Association for the History, Philosophy and Social Studies of Science, 1986-2002
- Brian Martin. "Making accompaniment effective." In Howard Clark (ed.), People Power: Unarmed Resistance and Global Solidarity (Pluto Press, 2009).
- Paul Gallagher, "Dealing with the Brian Martin dilemma", luckylosing, September 19, 2012.
- Brian Martin, "Healthy dissent: resisting attacks on alternative medicine", Townsend Letter, Issue #361-362, August-September 2013.
Criticism from the Left
- Michael Barker, "From Sharp to Lovins; Elite Reform as Social Change," Swans Commentary, July 26, 2010.
- Stephen Gowans, "Scholars or Bamboozlers?", What’s Left, April 10, 2011.
Resources and articles
- Judy Wilyman - student