Bumbun coal project
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
The Bumbun coal project is a proposed open cut metallurgical and thermal coal deposit which is included in the umbrella IndoMet Coal Project (previously known as the Maruwai coal project) of BHP-Billiton. The IndoMet Coal Project is held by a joint venture in which BHP Billiton is a 75% shareholder and a subsidiary of Adaro Energy holds the remaining 25% share.
The Bumbun coal deposit is located in the Juloi Coal Contract of Work and is approximately 55 km west of Lampunut.
BHP Billiton stated that as of the end of 2009 there was a total resource of 70 million tonnes of coal.
Articles and resources
- BHP Billiton, "BHP Billiton Enters Into a Joint Venture For Its Indonesian Coal Project (Maruwai)", Media Release, March 31, 2010.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Dave Murray, President BHP Billiton Metallurgical Coal, Analysts and Investors Site Visit", Queensland, June 2, 2005. (See slides 62-68 "BHP Billiton Maruwai Coal Project" for an overview of the proposed project).