Bush administration U.S. attorney firings controversy/External links: March 2007 - Part 3
|This article is part of the SourceWatch / Congresspedia coverage of the |
U.S. attorney firings controversy
The following are articles and commentary for March 2007 related to the Bush administration U.S. attorney firings controversy.
Due to the extensive coverage by the media, this article has been subdivided into three sections. This section is Part 3 and covers the March 29, 2007, Congressional Testimony by Kyle Sampson, former Chief of Staff to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.
Articles & Commentary
- "Democrats Reject As 'Highly Improper' Reasons Given By Gonzales Aide For Firing Prosecutors," Associated Press (CBS News), March 29, 2007.
- "Former Top Aide Says Gonzales And Miers Made Final Decision To Fire 8 U.S. Prosecutors," Associated Press (CBS News), March 29, 2007.
- Robert Gehrke, "Ex-A.G. aide to defend political side of firings. Utah native doesn't plan to detail White House role, but senators can't wait to grill him on that" and "Sampson: Gonzales was not out-of-loop in attorneys scandal," Salt Lake City Tribune, March 29, 2007.
- William Branigin, "Ex-Aide Disputes Gonzales's Assertions. D. Kyle Sampson Also Says Former White House Counsel Harriet E. Miers Approved Firings," Washington Post, March 29, 2007.
- "Sampson Grilled by Senators on U.S. Attorney Firings: Says Gonzales Made False Statements," Editor & Publisher, March 29, 2007.
- "Fired Prosecutors Excerpts," Associated Press (Forbes), March 29, 2007.
Live Blogging & Transcripts
- Think Progress, March 29, 2007:
- Faiz Shakir, "Sampson Under Oath: Gonzales Lied," Think Progress, March 29, 2007. (Transcript)
- Nico Pitney, Think Progress, March 29, 2007 (Transcript):
- Christy Hardin Smith, firedoglake Blog, March 29, 2007 (blogged transcript of hearing):
- Marcy Wheeler (emptywheel), firedoglake.com, March 29, 2007 (blogged transcript of hearing):
- Kyle Sampson Testimony: Part VII
- Paul Kiel, TPMmuckraker, March 29, 2007 (most entries include video links):
- "Today's Must Read"
- "Sampson: Answers to Look For"
- "Sampson Testifies before The Senate"
- "Specter Asks Sampson about What 'The Problem' with Carol Lam Was"
- "Sampson on the Patiot Act Provision"
- "Sampson Defines 'Loyalty'"
- "Feinstein Questions Samspon on Lam Firing"
- "Sampson Didn't Think of 'Perception Problem'"
- "Schumer Questions Sampson about Gonzales Remarks"
- "Whitehouse Questions Sampson about His Experience"
- "Republicans Stop Sampson Hearing... And Then It Starts Again"
- "Sampson Explains Rove's Role in U.S. Attorney Nomination"
- "Sampson Suggested Removing Fitzgerald"
- "Sampson Testifies about Conversation with Gonzales about Iglesias"
- "Specter Questions Sampson on Avoiding the Senate"
- "Sampson Admits Lam Was Never Confronted on Immigration"
- "Sampson: We Didn't Consider Corruption Investigations"
- "DoJ Spokesman: Gonzales Already Took It Back"
- "Sampson: If I Had It To Do Over...."