CJ Grisham has run A Soldier's Perspective Blog since December 2004. Grisham is a member of Gathering of Eagles.
Grisham has participated since July 2007 in the U.S. Department of Defense's Bloggers' Roundtable.
Grisham "joined the Army in January 1995, the son of a dedicated Sailor. In the past 12 years, he has worked his way from Private to Master Sergeant. He's a very dedicated Soldier who devotes a lot of effort taking care of soldiers. He deployed to Kuwait in Sep 2002 and was with the 3/7 Cavalry, 3rd Infantry Division, for the incursion into Iraq. He fought his way to Baghdad and was with the unit that took Baghdad. He was later sent to Fallujah in June 2003. MSG Grisham was awarded the Bronze Star with Valor device during the conflict. His other awards include the Meritorious Service Medal (second award), Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal (fifth award), Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal, and Combat Action Badge."
Related SourceWatch articles
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Julie Howe & CJ Grisham," PatriotWatch.com.
- ↑ "They Have Names," Gathering of Eagles, April 19, 2007.
- Leo Shane III, "Military bloggers speak out against more restrictions. Speakers at conference say self-regulation can maintain security," Stars and Stripes, April 24, 2006.
- Tara McKelvey, "Boots (and Blogs) on the Ground. Matthew Currier Burden's new milblog anthology offers riveting, if uneven, on-the-ground accounts from American soldiers overseas," The American Prospect, September 19, 2006.
- Profile: CJ Grisham, SaveTheSoldiers.com, March 28, 2006.
- They Served and Clear Channel KFBK 1530AM team up for special Veterans Day tribute.
- CJ Grisham Keynote Speaker July 4, '09 Virtual Veterans Memorial Village groundbreaking.