Center for the Study of Social and Political Change
The Center for the Study of Social and Political Change "was established on the Smith Campus under the aegis of the College in June 1986. During 1988, a set of bylaws was drawn up by the Center establishing a Board of Directors, and formalizing the Center's relationship to Smith College. A copy of the bylaws is available upon request. The Board of Directors currently consists of: Herbert London, Olin Fellow New York University; Lloyd Morrisett, Past President of the Markle Foundation; Lovett C. Peters, Director of the Lovett C. Peters Charitable Trust; Richard Ware, President Emeritus of the Earhart Foundation; Professor Henry Rosovsky, former Dean of Harvard College; and James Q. Wilson, Professor of Political Science at the University of California at Los Angeles.
"In addition, the Center includes a list of distinguished associates including Professors Alex Inkeles and S. M. Lipset of George Mason University, Elizabeth Noelle-Neumann of the Institut für Demoskopie, Professor Paul Hollander of the University of Massachusetts, Professors Samuel Huntington, Harvey Brooks, Robert Coles and Nathan Glazer of Harvard University, and Professor Emeritus Austin Ranney of the University of California at Berkeley." 
The Center's Director is Stanley Rothman .
Books and Monographs
- America in Decline? (With S. Robert Lichter). Westport, CT: Greenwood/Praeger, forthcoming.
- The Least Dangerous Branch? The Consequences of Judicial Activism (With Stephen Powers). Westport, CT: Greenwood/Praeger, 2002.
- Environmental Cancer: A Political Disease? (With S. Robert Lichter). New Haven: Yale University Press, 1999.
- American Elites (with Althea Nagai and Robert Lerner). New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 1996.
- Hollywood's America: Social and Political Themes in Motion Pictures (with Stephen Powers and David Rothman). Boulder, Colorado: Westview Press, 1996.
Resources and articles
- History of the Center, Center for the Study of Social and Political Change, accessed November 19, 2010.