Professor Chris Cunneen "is the NewSouth Global Chair in Criminology in the Faculty of Law of the University of New South Wales.
"Until 2005, Professor Cunneen was the Director for the Institute of Criminology at the University of Sydney, a position held since 1995. He has been teaching Criminology at the University of Sydney Law School since 1990. Previously he held research positions with the Indigenous Law Centre at UNSW and the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research.
"Professor Cunneen is the Chairperson of the Juvenile Justice Advisory Council which advises the Minister on juvenile justice matters. He is a member of the Attorney-Generals Taskforce on Child Sexual Assault in Aboriginal Communities. He is a member of the Editorial Boards of the Australian Indigenous Law Reporter (since 1997), Current Issues in Criminal Justice (since 1991) and Youth Justice (since 2005). He is also a Series Editor of the Institute of Criminology Monograph Series.
"Professor Cunneen has published widely in the area of juvenile justice, policing, restorative justice and Indigenous issues including reports for the Federal Race Discrimination Commissioner and a number of books on issues such as juvenile justice; Indigenous legal issues; hate crime, and policing. He has also contributed articles to many journals."  Interviews
- Cunneen, C. and White, R. (2007) Juvenile Justice: Youth and Crime In Australia, Third Edition, Oxford University Press, Melbourne. ISBN 9780195550504 pp400.
- (Second Edition) Chris Cunneen & Rob White, "Juvenile Justice: Youth and Crime in Australia", Oxford University Press: Melbourne (2002), 420pp.
- Chris Cunneen, "Conflict, Politics and Crime: Aboriginal Communities and Police", Allen and Unwin: Sydney (2001), 310pp.
- Chris Cunneen & Julie Stubbs, "Gender, 'Race' and International Relations", Institute of Criminology Monograph Series, Sydney (1997), 200pp.
- Chris Cunneen& T. Libesman, "Indigenous People and the Law", Butterworths: North Ryde (1995), 254pp.
- Chris Cunneen & Rob White, "Juvenile Justice: An Australian Perspective",Oxford University Press: Melbourne (2nd ed, 1996; 1st ed, 1995), 296pp.
- Chris Cunneen, Mark Findlay, R. Lynch, R & V. Tupper,"Dynamics of Collective Conflict", Law Book Company: North Ryde (1989), 207pp.
- Chris Cunneen& T. Robb,"Criminal Justice in North-West New South Wales", NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research: Sydney (1987), 274pp.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Chris Cunneen, University of New South Wales, accessed August 19, 2009.