In November 2004, Gregoire beat Republican Dino Rossi for the governorship by just 129 votes out of the 2.8 million cast. Rossi and the GOP sued in January to try to set aside the closest governor's race in the nation's history. Finally in June 2005, Rossi decided to give up his fight to legally challenge the close election. He decided not to press ahead to the state Supreme Court with the case.
In 2008, Gregoire again beat Republican Dino Rossi, but this time by a much bigger margin than in 2004, (53.2% to 46.8%).
Office of the Governor
PO Box 40002
Olympia, WA 98504-0002
Resources and articles
- Chris Gregoire profile, The Washington Post, accessed January 2011.
- Gregory Roberts, "Judge upholds Gregoire's election; Rossi won't appeal", Seattle Post-Intelligencer, June 6, 2005.
- Washington Governor Polling Data, Real Clear Politics, accessed January 2011.
- Board of Directors and Advisory Committee, Thrive by Five, accessed December 11, 2007.
- Christine Gregoire profile, NationalJournal.com, accessed January 2011.
<tdo>resource_id=34246 resource_code=gregoire_christine search_term=Christine Gregoire</tdo>
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|