Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
- "1953 Born 19th September to William Geoffrey and Joan Dawson in New Zealand. Spends his childhood in rural Opunake.
- "1971 Begins to study vegetarianism and organic agriculture independently.
- "1974 After completing tertiary education, comes to London to study. Studies at the Henry Doubleday Horticulture and Nutrition Research Centre in Braintree and the BioDynamic Agricultural section at the Rudolf Steiner Emerson College, Sussex.
- "1977 Opens the East West Natural Foods Store in Old Street, London. Develops the store in a distribution centre for traditional natural / macrobiotic foods, sourced from both local organic farms and from abroad, especially from Japan.
- "1978 Travels extensively throughout Europe, America, Australia and Asia, investigating the traditional dietary practices and food-processing techniques.
- "1979 Studies at the East West Foundation in Boston, Mass, U.S.A. about Far Eastern philosophical principles and traditions, and the distribution network of the natural foods movement in America & Europe, as well as Australia and New Zealand.
- "1979 Travels to Japan to visit natural food enterprises throughout Japan with Akiyoshi Kazama, President of Mitoku Co. Ltd. Begins extensive studies into the daily life and cultural and dietary practices of the Japanese people.
- "1980 Begins full-time employment at Mitoku Co. Ltd., the major exporter of traditional, natural Japanese foods, where he works for the next 18 years.
- "1993 Buys the Clearspring Ltd. company, a London wholesaler with one store and annual sales of £640,000. Runs the company whilst continuing to work at Mitoku Co. Ltd. in Japan." 
Resources and articles
- ↑ Clearspring Christopher Dawson, organizational web page, accessed June 18, 2012.