Convergence Africa is a conference that will be held in Kenya on December 8, 2011.
"Kenya, September 22, 2011 — Legatum (www.legatum.com), a private international investment group, and Omidyar Network, a philanthropic investment firm, today announced the launch of Convergence Africa, a high-profile one-day conference, headlined by globally-renowned champions of entrepreneurs Sir Richard Branson, Founder of the Virgin Group; and Tony O. Elumelu MFR, former Group CEO of United Bank for Africa, Chairman of Heirs Holdings Group and Founder of The Tony Elumelu Foundation. Convergence Africa will take place on December 8th at the Kenyatta International Conference Centre in Nairobi, followed by the Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship Gala Banquet. Tickets and attendance information for both events are available at www.ConvergenceAfrica.com." 
Accessed November 2011: 
- Sir Richard Branson - Founder, Virgin Group
- Tony O. Elumelu - Chairman, Heirs Holdings
- Jacqueline Muna Musiitwa - Founder, Hoja Law Group
- James Mwangi - CEO, Equity Bank
- Nik Nesbitt - CEO, KenCall
- Isis Nyong'o - Vice President and Managing Director for Africa, InMobi
- Bame Pule - Investment Principal, Africa, Actis
- Fred Swaniker - Founder and CEO, African Leadership Academy
- Magatte Wade - Founder, Adina and Tiossano
Resources and articles
- Sir Richard Branson and Tony O. Elumelu MFR to Headline Inaugural Convergence Africa Conference, Tony Elumelu Foundation, accessed November 27, 2011.
- Speakers, Convergence Africa, accessed November 27, 2011.