Cynthia Brown, "a free-lance writer and consultant, worked as a field researcher for Human Rights Watch in Latin America for ten years, then served as the organization's first global Program Director until 1999. She is the author and/or editor of four books on international human rights and US civil liberties and currently serves on the boards of The Tricycle Foundation and the Public Concern Foundation, as well as the Human Rights Watch policy committee and its advisory committee for women's rights.“ 
- Member, Human Rights Watch Women's Rights Advisory Committee
- Member, Human Rights Watch LGBT Advisory Committee
- Director, The Washington Spectator 
- Winner of the 2009 Martin Luther King Jr. Award 
- ”Biography”, Accessed January 2007.