"Dave Prentis has served continuous terms as general secretary of the UK public sector union UNISON since 2000. He was UNISON's deputy general secretary from its formation in 1993. In that role, Dave directed UNISON's national negotiating team and oversaw the union's policy making functions. He also drove through a strategic review of the union, aimed at delivering key reforms to bring union services closer to the members.
"Dave was born and brought up in Leeds and went to the University of London where he took a bachelor of arts degree in history. This was followed by a masters degree in industrial relations at the University of Warwick.
- President, Public Services International
- President, Unity Trust Bank plc
- Vice President, Institute of Employment Rights 
- National Council (2006), Catalyst (think tank)
- Trustee, Institute for Public Policy Research
- Commissioner, UK Commission for Employment and Skills