David Rockefeller, Jr.
"A principal interest is Sailors for the Sea, which encourages boaters to preserve and protect the waters. He is the organization’s president.
"Until 1998 he was the chairman of Rockefeller Financial Services, a wealth management company in New York, for members of the Rockefeller family and outside clients. He is still on its board. Until 1992, he was chairman of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, a charitable foundation, and served as a trustee there until last year.
"He is also a trustee of the Rockefeller Foundation and of the Museum of Modern Art and served on the Pew Oceans Commission, a part of the Pew Charitable Trust, contributing to its 2003 report on the condition of United States waters. He graduated from Harvard, from which he also received a law degree. His two previous marriages ended in divorce.
"The bridegroom’s father is the former chairman of Chase Manhattan Bank and is the chairman emeritus of the Museum of Modern Art. His mother was a board member of the American Farmland Trust in Washington, and was a founder of the Maine Coast Heritage Trust in Topsham, Me. The couple met seven years ago when she produced “This Is Alaska” a film for the Alaska Conservation Foundation, for which Mr. Rockefeller did the writing and narration. They are co-chairmen of the foundation’s New York council. " 
"Mr. Rockefeller, Jr. is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. His former foundation affiliations have included service as Trustee and Chairman of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, President of the Rockefeller Family Fund, and a Trustee of the Boston Foundation." 
- Trustee, Asian Cultural Council 
- Advisor, Ocean Foundation
- Vice-chair Emeriti, National Park Foundation 
- Cananda Council, Ecotrust 
- Advisor, Alaska Conservation Foundation 
He married Susan Cohn Rockefeller in 2008.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Susan Cohn and David Rockefeller Jr., NYT, accessed June 24, 2010.
- The Rockefeller Foundation Names David Rockefeller, Jr. as Board Chair, breitbar, accessed November 18, 2010.
- Board and Staff, Asian Cultural Council, accessed September 7, 2008.
- Directors, National Park Foundation, accessed November 24, 2007.
- Ecotrust Board & Council, Ecotrust, accessed December 7, 2007.
- Board, Alaska Conservation Foundation, accessed February 18, 2008.