Don D'Cruz worked previously as a Research Fellow at the Institute of Public Affairs (IPA) until late 2005. While references to him have been removed from the IPA website, a cached version of his biographical note remains on the Internet.  He currently is referenced in an opinion column contributed to a newspaper as an "analyst".
An opinion column co-authored by D'Cruz and published in the Australian Financial Review on July 12, 2006 stated that he "runs Charity Matters, a website that scrutinises the charitible sector."
According to a previous biographical note on the IPA website, D'Cruz has a Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in politics and a M.A. from the Australian National University in strategic studies. While the profile notes that D'Cruz "worked as a media adviser for a Federal politician and worked as a public relations and political consultant" it provides no additional details of who he worked for or when.
"His area of expertise is researching non-government organisations. His particular areas of interest are their governance, finances, organisational structure and strategy and tactics," the note states.
Articles by D'Cruz
- Don D’Cruz, "Attack of the Mutant Watermelons: The Campaign against GMOs in the Phillipines", AIP Occasional Paper, June 30, 2001.
- Don D'Cruz, "Foreign aid bodies need closer scrutiny", The Australian, May 13, 2002.
- Don D'Cruz and Mike Nahan, "When saving the world gets in the way", Australian Financial Review, July 25, 2002.
- Don D'Cruz, "Attacking neighbours' poverty beats sending in the troops", Australian Financial Review, November 2, 2003.
- Don D'Cruz, "Opinion: Australia is indirectly meddling in Indonesia", Australian Financial Review, February 26, 2003.
- Don D’Cruz, "Rebuilding Iraq needs no interference from politically meddlesome NGOs", On Line Opinion, April 28, 2003.
- James Ensor, "D'Cruz's opposition to NGOs is not concerned with their effectiveness", On Line Opinion, April 28, 2003.
- Don D’Cruz, "NGOs must become more accountable", Australian Financial Review, July 22, 2003.
- Don D’Cruz, "Should Companies Engage with Anti-business NGOs?", Ethical Corporation, April 01, 2004.
- Don D’Cruz, "NGOs: Chasing the Corporate Dollar", IPA Review, August 12, 2004.
- "Q&A with Don D'Cruz", Competitive Enterprise Institute, September 1, 2004.
- Don D’Cruz, "Free trade more precious than foreign aid", The Australian, January 3, 2005.
- Don D’Cruz, "Keeping check on charity", The Herald Sun, January 11, 2005.
- Don D’Cruz, "After the generosity, it's time charities give something back", Sydney Morning Herald, January 17, 2005.
- Don D’Cruz, "Links to other News articles from Febuary 2005", IPA Web Site
- "US Mining Giant Faces Trial in Indonesia Over Pollution Claims", CNSNews.com, May 25, 2005.
- Don D'Cruz, "Bordering on overkill", Courier Mail, May 31 2005.
- Don D'Cruz, ""We Cannot Have the Same Expectations of the Terrorists..."", TechCentral Station, June 6, 2005.
- Don D'Cruz, "Poverty, Aid and Terror", Tech Central Station, October 11, 2005.
- Don D'Cruz and Gary Johns, "Charity begins at home for the collectors with closed books", Sydney Morning Herald, January 18, 2006.
- Gary Johns and Don D'Cruz, "Charity belongs in Canberra", Australian Financial Review, July 12, 2006. (Not available online).
Articles about D'Cruz
- "Don D'Cruz Research Fellow, IPA: Biographical Details, pdf of cached Biographical note previously on the Instutute of Public Affairs website.