East Kutai Coal Mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor and the Center for Media and Democracy.|
East Kutai Coal Mine is a coal mine in East Kutai Regency, East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The map below shows the approximate location of East Kutai Coal Mine in the East Kutai Regency, East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
According to Mining Technology, "Construction was expected to begin in 2010 with completion slated for 2012. However, a legal dispute between the company and the local administrative tribunal over the validity of the mine’s license has delayed the project. The company has been alleged to have forged the mine’s license."
Claimed reserves are 2.73 billion tons (693mt measured, 825mt indicated and 1.2bn tons).
- Owner: Leighton contractors
- Parent company: Churchill Mining (75 percent) and Ridlatama Group (25 percent).
- Location: East Kutai Regency, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- GPS coordinates: 1.037690, 117.831120
- Mine status: Under construction
- Start year:’
- Mineable reserves: 961 million tons (proven and probable).
- Coal type:
- Mine size: 35000 hectares
- Mine type: Surface
- Production: 30 million tons per annum
- Additional proposed production:
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- East Kutai Coal Project Mining Technology, accessed Dec 13, 2019
Related SourceWatch articles
Wikipedia also has an article on East Kutai Coal Mine (East Kutai Coal Mine). This article may use content from the Wikipedia article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License].