Ethical Markets Media
Ethical Markets Media is a U.S.-based media company that covers the "emergence of a sustainable, green, more ethical and just economy worldwide." It has a mission of fostering "the evolution of capitalism beyond current models based on materialism, maximizing self-interest and profit, competition and fear of scarcity." To do so, it features corporate social responsibility "stories of success" via a "financial lifestyle" television show. 
Through their TV series, Ethical Markets Media, covers socially-responsible, ethical capitalism, showcasing socially-repsonsible organizations, trade associations, shareholder activities, and mutual funds. They seek to foster public understanding of these issues..."and awareness of the new players and the choices they offer to consumers, employees, investors, asset managers, financial planners and citizens to align their own lives, work, investment decisions and daily activities with their own highest goals. By showcasing all these groups and individuals spearheading the new ethical markets, we seek to grow this emerging, job-creating sector and expand its market share—-globally and locally."
- Hoje no Mercado Ético, partner TV and multi-media company in Sao paulo, Brazil.
- The Canadian Centre for Community Renewal, concerned about climate change and peak oil.
- ESG Investment Strategies
- Sustainable Financial Markets, an international, non-partisan network of finance sector professionals, academics and others who have an active interest in long-term investing.
- American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC), coalition of business networks
- Green America, harnesses economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
- Green Social, "blogging California's clean energy revolution."
- Heritable Innovation Trust
- Envirotech and Clean Energy Investor, news, features and deal tracking for the clean energy investor community.
- Global Innovation Commons, deals with open-source innovations, most in the form of patents, which have either been abandoned, expired, disallowed, or are unprotected.
- Global Urban Development, deals with the world's urban problems
- Social Venture Network
- Ethical Corporation, London-based group monitoring corporate performance by ethical criteria
- Business Alliance for Local Living Economies, local businesses building living, local economies and linking worldwide
- The Trusteeship Institute, founded in 1973 by Terry Mollner for the purpose of furthering economic development based on Mohandas Gandhi's theory of "trusteeship."
- National Black Chamber of Commerce, dedicated to the economic empowerment of African American communities.
- International Trade Union Confederation, promotes workers' rights through international cooperation between trade unions.
From their website: 
- Hazel Henderson, President, Founder, and Creator and Co-Executive Producer of the television series; described as "a world renowned futurist, evolutionary economist, a worldwide syndicated columnist, consultant on sustainable development, and author of Beyond Globalization, and seven other books"
- Alan F. Kay, PhD, Advisor on public interest opinion research and socially-responsible business
- Rosalinda Lidh, Executive Director
- Simran Sethi, Host / Writer
- Ellyne Lonergan, Co-Executive Producer
- Andrea Campbell, Director
- Gary Tomchuk, Production Executive (for Series One)
- Jan Crawford
Ethical Markets Media, LLC
P.O Box 5190
St. Augustine, FL 32085
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Better World Shopping Guide
- Corporate social responsibility
- Green America
- Nancy B. Roof - advisor
- Lawrence Bloom - advisor
- Leslie Danziger
- ↑ Profile of Ethical Markets Media, 2020 Climate Leadership Campaign, accessed November 2010.
- ↑ "Mission statement," Ethical Markets website, accessed March 2008.
- ↑ About page, Ethical Markets Media, accessed November 2010.
- ↑ Partners, Ethical Markets Media, accessed November 2010.
- ↑ "Who we are," Ethical Markets website, accessed March 2008.
- Eco investing, Wikipedia, accessed November 2010.
- Intro Video, Ethical Markets Media, accessed November 2010.