Fereshteh Bekhrad is on the board of advisors for the Persian Cultural Foundation. She "has over thirty-five years of domestic and international experience in Management, Design and Development. Her expertise is Asset & Crisis Management, Architecture, Urban Design, Advocacy & Comprehensive Planning and Development.
"Ms. Bekhrad is the Chair and Founder of Elmhurst Inc. since 1993. A multidisciplinary Design, Development and Management Corporation in charge of design, development, asset management, operation and revitalization of a numerous projects domestically and internationally.
"In 1973, Ms. Bekhrad received her Masters Degree in Urban Design and Architecture from Washington University. In 1970, she completed her Masters in Architecture, with honors, at University of Tehran, Iran. In addition, she received her Certificate in Development Management from the Wharton School of Business in 1979. Bekhrad has lectured and published in the Planning, Design and Development and is the recipient of numerous Design, Achievement, Performance and Development Awards.
- Member of Board of Trustee of Iranian American Political Action Committee
- Member of the New Haven Urban Design League 2003
- Member of Iranian American Society of New York 2001
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Encyclopedia Iranica affiliated with Columbia University
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Planners since 1986
- Member of the American Planning Association since 1985
- Member of the American Institute of Architects since 1979"