Foundation for Iranian Studies
The Foundation for Iranian Studies is "an apolitical and non-profit organization registered in New York and Maryland, ‘is an educational and research institution dedicated to the preservation, study, and transmission of Iran's cultural heritage.' Its web page describes ongoing programs and conferences and provides abstracts and text to its journal, Iran Nameh." 
It was "established in 1981 as a non-profit educational and research institution to preserve, study, and transmit Iran's cultural heritage; to study contemporary issues in Iranian government and society; and to point to the probable social, economic, political, and military directions Iran might take in the 21st century. The Foundation will increasingly serve as an information center for the study of Iran’s past, present and future. Non-partisan and non-political, the Foundation believes authentic, objective scholarship can and should encompass a multiplicity of intellectual contributions and a diversity of opinions." 
- Mahnaz Afkhami, executive director.
- Ezzat Aghevli, chief administrative officer, was deputy minister of cooperatives and rural affairs (1973-1975) and deputy secretary general of Women’s Organization of Iran (1975-1979) before the revolution. She joined the Foundation for Iranian Studies at its creation in 1982.
- Pari Yahyai, pubications assistant
- Hormoz Hekmat, Editor of Iran Nameh, the Foundation's quarterly journal of Iranian Studies. Fulbright Scholar (1958-1959)
- Gholam Reza Afkhami, Director of the Oral History Project.
- Mahnaz Afkhami, Executive Dirrector: Chair, English Department, National University of Iran (1968-1970); Secretary General, Women’s Organization of Iran (1970-1978); Minister of State for Women’s Affairs (1976-1978)
- Shahla Samii, Treasurer, Cultural and Political Activist
- Vali Reza Nasr, Secretary: Professor, Naval Post-Graduate School
- Azar Nafisi: Writer, Professor, Johns Hopkins University
- Ahmad Ghoreishi: Chancellor, National University of Iran (1975-1978)
- Gholam Reza Afkhami: Professor, National University of Iran (1967-1979); Secretary General, National Committee for World Literacy Program (1975-1979)
- Gholam Reza Golsorkhi: Undersecretary, Ministry of Information and Tourism (1975-1978)
Related SourceWatch resources
- Foundation for Iranian Studies
- 4343 Montgomery Ave, Suite 200
- Bethesda, MD 20814
- Web: http://www.fis-iran.org