Green Apple Environment Awards
The Green Apple Environment Awards are described by their promoters, The Green Organization, as "the annual international campaign to recognise, reward and promote environmental best practice around the world." 
The first three items on the "Benefits" page on its website boast, "Join The Green Organisation and benefit yourself and the environment in so many ways. The benefits to you:
- Media publicity announcing your qualification for membership of The Green Organisation
- Free editorial space in Eco Echo, our newsletter, enabling you to promote your green credentials and network with other members
- Use of our Green Apple logo on your literature, letterheads, livery, etc." 
Membership of The Green Organization is £250 .
The following item from the 2003 awards gives a flavour of just how green the Green Apple awards really are:
- "BOVIS LEND LEASE
- What the judges said: Major work on Terminal One at John Lennon Airport presented numerous problems, but Bovis managed to divert traffic around a housing estate; reduce noise levels for those tenants; recycle 56,000 cubic metres of spoil and hardcore; and recycle 751 tonnes of a total 1161 tonnes of waste. The building itself also has numerous environmental benefits." 
- Green Apple Environment Awards homepage. Undated, accessed December 9, 2004.
- Press release: "What do Cherie Blair's friend, Carole Caplin and Version One's Tony Bray, have in common?", sourcewire.com, November 22, 2004.