Guodian Shizuishan-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Shizuishan power station (国电石嘴山第一发电公司) is a 2,020-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
The ten-unit Shizuishan-1 power station was retired by 2010, and replaced with the Guodian Shizuishan-2 power station.
The six existing coal-fired units of Guodian Shizuishan-2 power station, totaling 2,020 MW, were brought online between 2002 and 2006. The plant is owned by China Guodian and Ningxia Power Investment Group.
Description of Expansion
According to a 2012 World Resources Institute report, Guodian was planning to build additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 1,200 MW.
However, there is no mention of the plans on the website of the power plant, and plans appear to have been cancelled.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details for Expansion
- Sponsor: China Guodian (now the National Energy Investment Group), Ningxia Power Investment Group
- Location: Shizuishan Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 39.289167, 106.791111 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 7 & 8: 600 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电石嘴山发电公司," China Guodian, 09/12/30
- "国电石嘴山发电公司," China Guodian Corporation website, accessed September 2014
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "国电石嘴山发电公司," China Guodian Corporation website, accessed September 2015
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017