Guohua Ningdong power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guohua Ningdong power station is a 1,980-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Lingwu City, Yinchuan Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
Shenhua is planning to build two additional coal-fired units at this plant, each 660 MW.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In 2016 China's National Energy Administration issued "scale control" (coal-fired capacity limits) on particular "sending out" locations that feed ultra-high voltage (UHV) long-distance power lines, including Inner Mongolia (Xilingong), Inner Mongolia (Ordos), Shaanxi, Ningxia, and Xinjiang.
As of January 2017, the affected area includes this power station, and units 3-4 may be scaled down as a result.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: National Energy Investment Group (67%), Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group (33%)
- Location: Majiatan Town (Majiatanzhen), Lingwu City, Yinchuan Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 37.8447574, 106.7867768 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,980 MW (Units 1 & 2: 330 MW, Units 3 & 4: 660 MW)
- Type: Subcritical (Units 1 & 2), Ultra-Supercritical (Units 3 & 4)
- Start date: 2010 (Units 1 & 2); 2017 (Units 3 & 4)
- Coal type: Bituminous coal/bituminous waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- “国华宁东电厂一期1号机组完成满负荷运行168小时,” 国家核电 2010-12-15
- “热烈庆祝 神华国华宁东发电有限公司一期工程双机投产,” 中国系统集成在线, accessed September 2014
- “神华国华宁东发电厂1000mw扩建工程申报材料(绝密),” 道客巴巴, accessed September 2014
- "关于神华国华宁东发电厂2×660MW扩建工程环境影响报告书的批复," China MEP, Jan 28, 2015
- "河北院总承包项目宁夏国华宁东电厂二期工程开工," 2015-09-09
- "神华宁东电厂二期项目获核准," 神华集团有限责任公司, 2015-01-27
- "宁东电厂二期3号机组通过168小时试运行 正式移交生产," 河北院, 2017-09-04
- "宁夏国华宁东发电厂二期4号机组并网发电," 中国电建, 2017/11/13
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017