"Sir Ian has over 30 years of experience in retail and is currently Chairman of Debenhams and sits on the board of Whitbread. His previous roles include CEO of B&Q from 2005 and Group CEO of Kingfisher from 2008 to 2015. In 2015, Sir Ian became Government Lead Non-Executive, having formerly been the Lead Non-Executive Director of the Department for Work and Pensions and Chairman of the British Retail Consortium." 
Current directorships: Appointed to the Kingfisher plc Board "in June 2000 and as Group Chief Executive in January 2008. He is also a Non-Executive Director of Whitbread plc, lead Non-Executive Member on the Department for Work and Pensions Board, member of the Corporate Leaders Group on Climate Change, and a Member of the Employers' Forum on Disability President's Group. He also chairs the Ecosystem Markets Task Force.
"Expertise: He was previously Chief Executive, B&Q UK from June 2005. He was appointed Chief Executive International and Development in September 2002, Chief Executive of e-Kingfisher in May 2000 and was Group Director of Strategy & Development. Before joining Kingfisher he worked for a number of retail businesses including Sears plc where he was Group Commercial Director." 
- Advisory Committee, True Capital
- Advisory Board (chair), Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership 
- Chair, Menhaden Capital 
Resources and articles
- True Capital Advisory Committee, organizational web page, accessed June 6, 2016.
- Kingfisher plc Ian Cheshire, organizational web page, accessed August 29, 2012.
- Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed June 13, 2013.
- Menhaden Capital plc Who we are, organizational web page, accessed November 29, 2018.