Dr. Ingrid Mattson "is Director of Islamic Chaplaincy and Professor at the Macdonald Center for Islamic Studies and Christian-Muslim Relations at Hartford Seminary in Hartford, CT.
"Dr. Mattson earned her Ph.D. in Islamic Studies from the University of Chicago in 1999. Her research is focused on Islamic law and society; among her articles are studies on slavery, poverty and Islamic legal theory.
"Dr. Mattson was born in Canada, where she studied Philosophy at the University of Waterloo, Ontario (B.A. ’87). From 1987-1988 she lived in Pakistan where she worked with Afghan refugee women. In 2001 Dr. Mattson was elected Vice-President of the Islamic Society of North America." 
- President, Islamic Society of North America
- Board of Directors, Nawawi Foundation, Chicago, IL (2000-present). 
- Director, Islamic Society of North America's Leadership Development Center 
- Leadership Group, U.S.-Muslim Engagement Project 
- "Ingrid Mattson", (Biographical note), Undated, Accessed June 2007.