Iraqi sovereignty: June 30, 2004 (External Links)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are External Links for Iraqi sovereignty: June 30, 2004.
- Jonathan Schell, "The Phantom Sovereign," The Nation and TomDispatch.com, April 9, 2004.
- Anthony Gregory, "The "Iraqization" Scam," Common Dreams, April 23, 2004.
- "Iraq's Transition: On a Knife Edge," International Crisis Group, April 27, 2004.
- Laura Secor, "Mess-opotamia. The latest plan on Iraqi sovereignty is the worst option -- except for all the others," American Prospect, April 27, 2004.
- Terry Jones, "The War of the Words," Guardian/UK, April 30, 2004.
- Gareth Evans, "Four-Point Turn," Tom Paine, May 4, 2004: "... the transfer of power in Iraq is unrealistic, unworkable--and virtually unavoidable. Scrapping the deadline, as some have suggested, is not the answer. What is needed is to redefine what the deadline represents."
- Transcript: Senate Foreign Relations. Wolfowitz, Armitage Testify Before Senate Panel, May 18, 2004.
- Sarah Bouchard, "Hearing examines the future of Iraq," The Hill, May 19, 2004: "Top Bush administration officials told a congressional panel yesterday that they do not know the answers to many of the looming questions about the future of U.S. military occupation in Iraq after sovereignty is handed over June 30." Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz and Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage "did not specify the timeframe for troop withdrawal, the protocol for handling U.S.-run prisons and the status of Saddam Hussein's trial."
- William Saletan, "Magical History Tour. Bush can't learn from the past if he can't see it," Slate, May 24, 2004.
- "Speeches Aren't Enough," Los Angeles Times Op-Ed, May 25, 2004.
- Michael Hammerschlag, "No Responsiblity in Bush's Fantasy World," Hammer News, May 25, 2004.
- Jim Hoagland, "Five Points of Reality That Bush Overlooked," Washington Post, May 26, 2004.
- Robert Fisk, "The Trail of Torture. The Things Bush Didn't Say in His Speech," The Independent, May 26, 2004.
- "Sham Plan for Iraq," The Nation, May 27, 2004.
- James Dobbins and Philip H. Gordon, "Gaining The Iraqis' Toleration," Washington Post, May 28, 2004.
- David Ignatius, "Making Do With Lemons," Washington Post, May 28, 2004.
- Jim Hoagland, "Obsessed With Iran," Washington Post, May 28, 2004.
- "A Hollow Sovereignty for Iraq," New York Times Op-Ed, May 29, 2004. See Ayad Allawi.
- Nicholas Riccardi, "For Iraqis, a Symbol of Unkept Promises," Los Angeles Times, June 1, 2004: "As much as civilian casualties or detainee abuse, the erratic reconstruction of their country has turned Iraqis against the occupation."
- Ahmed Janabi, "Iraqis fail to regain control of oil revenue," aljazeera, June 1, 2004: "The latest Iraqi attempts to recover control of the country's oil revenues from the United States appear to have hit a dead end with a special delegation being rebuffed in its bid to secure UN help."