Jaypee Group is a major Indian infrastructure company with interests in Civil Engineering and Construction, Cement, Power, Real Estate, Expressways, Hospitality, Golf Courses and Education. It's power generation subsidiary, Jaiprakash Power Ventures is involved in the development and operation of coal and hydro power stations as well as transmission lines.power generation subsidiary of the privately owned Jaypee Group,
Coal projects under construction
JPV have four coal-fired power stations which are currently under construction. These are the:
- Jaypee Nigrie Super Thermal Power Project, a 1320MW plant located in Nigrie village in Madhya Pradesh. The project, comprising two 660MW units, is currently under construction and scheduled to be commissioned in 2013.
- Bina Thermal Power Project, a 1500MW coal-fired power station currently under construction in Jhajjar. Phase 1 of the project, which is being developed by the JPV subsidiary Bina Power Supply Company Limited, is slated to be commissioned in 2011.
- Karchana Thermal Power Project, a 1980 MW project comprising three 660MW units which is being developed by JPV subsidiary Sangam Power Generation Company. Phase 1, comprising two of the three proposed units, is slated to be commissioned in 2014;
- Bara Thermal Power Project, a 3300 MW comprising 5 x 660 MW units. Phase 1, comprising three of the units, is slated to be commissioned in 2014. JPV bought the Prayagraj Power Generation Company, a special purpose project company created by the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation to build the Bara project on a 'build, own, operate' basis.
Noida - 201304
Phone No: (120) 4609000, 2470800
Fax: (120) 4609464, 4609496
E-mail:jaypee AT jalindia.co.in
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Jaiprakash Power Ventures, "Home", Jaiprakash Power Ventures website, accessed November 2011.
- Jaiprakash Power Ventures, "Thermal Power", Jaiprakash Power Ventures website, accessed November 2011.
- JP Power Ventures, "2x660 MW Jaypee Nigrie Super Thermal Power Plant", Jaiprakash Power Ventures website, accessed November 2011.