Jeff Gerth is a New York Times reporter. Gerth was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1999 "as a member of the Times team that disclosed the corporate sale of American technology to China. Gerth was also the first reporter to break the Whitewater story." 
Gerth co-authored "Her Way: The Hopes and Ambitions of Hillary Rodham Clinton" (ISBN 0316017426978/ISBN 0316017428) with Don Van Natta Jr.. Published by Little, Brown, and Co., the book is to be released in June 2007.
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
Articles by Jeff Gerth
- Archived articles, New York Times.
- With Judith Miller, "Funds for Terrorists Traced To Persian Gulf Businessmen," August 14, 1996.
Books about Jeff Gerth
- Gene Lyons (editor of Harper's Magazine), "Fools for Scandal: How the Media Invented Whitewater" (paperback), Franklin Square Press; 1st ed edition, July 1996, ISBN-10 1879957523 / ISBN-13 9781879957527.
Articles about Jeff Gerth
- "MEDIAGATE: The Hyping of Whitewater. An Archive," American Review. Includes article links 1992-1998.
- Gene Lyons, "Fools for Scandal: How the Media Invented Whitewater," Harper's Magazine (reprinted by PBS Frontline), October 1994.
- "Questions intact. Synopsis: Jeff Gerth’s major story on neutron bomb data left most of our questions intact," The Daily Howler, April 13, 1999.
- "The officials who did not bark. Synopsis: Jeff Gerth doesn’t quote a single official who says the alleged theft took place," The Daily Howler, April 14, 1999.
- "Fighting the Berger wars," The Daily Howler, April 15, 1999.
- "The scribes that did not bark," The Daily Howler, April 16, 1999.
- "Fool the brass," The Daily Howler, April 19, 1999.
- "Can't get her mind off Bill," The Daily Howler, June 3, 1999.
- "You talkin’ to me?" The Daily Howler, September 1, 1999.
- "Heard no evil. Synopsis: The New York Times' newest columnist--an editorial board member--hasn't heard of Fools for Scandal," The Daily Howler, September 17, 1999.
- Joe Conason, "Where's the media mea culpa? Though the final Whitewater report clearly shows the Clintons were innocent, the New York Times and Washington Post arrogantly refuse to admit they were wrong," Salon, March 28, 2002.
- Eric Stowers, "Wen Ho Lee. Anatomy of a Scandal," Pressing Times, Spring 2002.
- Alexander Cockburn, "Can Jeff Gerth Save the White House?" CounterPunch (The Free Press), July 17, 2002.
- Alexander Cockburn, "Jeff Gerth Saves Cheney, Again!" CounterPunch, August 2, 2002.
- Ted Gup, "EYE OF THE STORM. Why Jeff Gerth, a most accomplished investigator, is also most controversial," Columbia Journalism Review, May/June 2003.
- "GERTH IN THE BALANCE! When Harris reports on the Whitewater mess, the press corps’ misconduct disappears," The Daily Howler, August 25, 2005.
- George Rush and Joanna Rush Molloy,"Hot on Hil's campaign trail: An 'explosive' bio," New York Daily News, March 27, 2007.
- Motoko Rich, "Rival Books on Hillary Clinton Play Leapfrog on Debut Dates," New York Times (Books), May 22, 2007.
- "Peers have criticized Clinton bio co-author Jeff Gerth for flawed reporting," Media Matters for America, May 24, 2007.
- Peter Baker and John Solomon, "Books Paint Critical Portraits of Clinton. 2 Biographies Detail Marital Strife and Driving Ambition," Washington Post, May 25, 2007.
- Jamison Foser, "Jeff Gerth can't handle the truth," Media Matters for America, May 25, 2007.
- "Wash Post's Baker and Solomon highlighted old disclosures in Clinton books as new," Media Matters for America, May 25, 2007.
- "Wash. Post wrongly cast familiar portraits in new Clinton bios as 'fresh'," Media Matters for America, May 25, 2007.
- "First news report about new Clinton book undermines 'preposterous' story about 'secret pact of ambition'," Media Matters for America, May 25, 2007.
- Jay Carney, "The Hillary Books" and "Re: The Hillary Books," The Swampland Blog/TIME Magazine, May 25, 2007.
- "Far Out Crops," Whiskey Fire Blog, May 25, 2007.
- "DEVIL OR ANGEL? When Gore is still trashed—while Thompson is praised—the system is blindingly obvious," The Daily Howler, May 25, 2007.
- digby, "Oh, When I Look Back Now...," Hullabaloo Blogspot, May 25, 2007.
- Matthew Yglesias, "Also: Ken Starr Hates Her," The Atlantic Online, May 25, 2007.
- Greg Sargent, "Bernstein Book Directly Contradicts A Key Charge In Gerth And Van Natta's Book," Election Central/TPM Cafe, May 29, 2007.
- "WHY THE PROSPECT SLEPT! Friday morning, the Post savaged Clinton. And four liberal journals slept," The Daily Howler, May 29, 2007.
- Eric Boehlert, "Jeff Gerth, meet Judith Miller," Media Matters for America, May 30, 2007.