Dame Jo Williams is a former Chief Executive of Mencap, Director of Social Services for Cheshire County Council and Director of Social Services at Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council. "More recently she established the Learning Disability Coalition and is currently Chair of the Prison Reform Trust, a Non-Executive Director of the Department of Communities and Local Government and the interim Chair of the Care Quality Commission." 
- Trustee, Dartington Hall Trust
- Trustee (vice chair), EveryChild 
- Advisory Council, The King's Fund 
- Advisory Panel, Associate Parliamentary Health Group 
Resources and articles
- Dartington Hall Trust Trustees, organizational web page, accessed April 1, 2012.
- EveryChild Trustees, organizational web page, accessed June 26, 2012.
- King's Fund General Advisory Council, organizational web page, accessed June 29, 2012.
- Associate Parliamentary Health Group Advisory Panel, organizational web page, accessed August 3, 2012.