John A. Luke, Jr.
John A. Luke, Jr. "is chairman and chief executive officer of MWV Meadwestvaco.
"Mr. Luke began his career with Westvaco in 1979. In 1983, he was elected treasurer, and, in 1986, he was elected vice president. Between 1987 and 1989, as a senior vice president, his responsibilities expanded to include the corporate marketing function, the international sales organization and Rigesa, Ltda., Westvaco's Brazilian subsidiary. In 1989, he became a member of the board of directors. He was elected executive vice president in 1990, president and chief executive officer in 1992 and chairman in 1996. He was elected chairman of MWV Meadwestvaco in November 2002.
"Mr. Luke received his bachelor’s degree from Lawrence University and an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. From 1971 through 1974, Mr. Luke served as an officer with the U.S. Air Force in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam conflict.
"Currently, Mr. Luke serves on the Board of numerous organizations and corporations including: 
- Member (1999), World Business Council for Sustainable Development 
- Director, The Bank of New York Company, Inc.
- Director, The Timken Company
- Director, FM Global
- Member, board of directors, and former Chairman, American Forest & Paper Association
- Chairman, Sustainable Forestry Initiative, Inc.
- Member, President's Export Council
- Trustee, American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
- Trustee, American Forest Foundation
- Mr. Luke is the immediate past chairman of the National Association of Manufacturers Board of Directors.
Other affiliations include:
- Director, Americas Society
- Treasurer, Tinker Foundation
- Corporate Council, The Conservation Fund