Joseph Chamie "is the former Director of the Population Division in the Department for Economic and Social Affairs, United Nations Secretariat. He was with the United Nations in the field of population, both overseas and at Headquarters in New York for close to a quarter century. Dr. Chamie served as the Deputy Secretary-General for the 1994 International Conference for Population and Development, and has worked in various regions of the world in national programs dealing with health and family planning issues, specializing primarily in South Asia and Western Asia.
"Dr. Chamie has also conducted research and taught at universities in the United States and abroad. He holds BS, MA, and PhD degrees from the University of Michigan. In addition to completing many studies issued under the United Nations authorship, he has published numerous studies in his own name in such areas as fertility, marriage, family planning, population estimates and projections, international migration and population policy." 
- Director of Research, Center for Migration Studies
- Trustee, Migration Policy Institute
- Population Association of America: Board of Directors 1991-Present (Former Director)
- Network Member, Global Business Network 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Members, Global Business Network, accessed November 15, 2010.
- "Biography", Accessed January 2007.