"In 1999, Forest Trends launched the Katoomba Group – an international working group dedicated to advancing markets and payments for ecosystem services – including watershed protection, biodiversity habitat, and carbon sequestration. The Group is comprised of leading experts from forest and energy industries, research institutions, the financial world, environmental NGOs, and communities. It serves as a source of ideas for and strategic information about ecosystem service markets and transactions. The Group has been known for its international convenings, which have provided a forum for exchanging ideas, influencing policy-makers, and catalyzing new initiatives.
"It has held 10 major global conferences, published and contributed to a number of publications and supported the development of a range of new PES schemes including the BioCarbon Fund, and the Mexican PES Fund. The Katoomba Group has also advised national policy discussions on financial incentives for conservation in numerous countries including China, Brazil, India, and Colombia. In 2005, The Katoomba Group launched The Ecosystem Marketplace (www.ecosystemmarketplace.com)—the world’s first global market information service for ecosystem services." 
Accessed December 2008: 
- Michael Jenkins - President, Katoomba Group; President, Forest Trends Assoc.
- Sissel Waage - Senior Coordinator, International Katoomba Group
- Kerstin Canby - Coordinator, China-East Asia Katoomba Group
- Alice Ruhweza - Coordinator, East & Southern Africa Katoomba Group
- Carina Bracer - Program Manager, Tropical America Katoomba Group
- Hannah Murray - Associate Manager, Tropical America Katoomba Group
- Rebecca Vonada - Program Associate, Tropical America Katoomba Group