M+R Strategic Services
M+R Strategic Services is a Washington D.C.-based PR firm.
M&R is a PR/lobby business begun and owned in part by Donald K. Ross, an advisor to foundations who is on the board of the League of Conservation Voters and the chair of the board of Greenpeace USA (which is registered as Greenpeace Incorporated).
DuPont hired M&R Strategic Services in the U.S. M&R does business with dozens of major health and environmental non-profits, many of them funded by the individuals and foundations he advises. In 2002 M&R sent an urgent appeal to groups asking them to sign a joint letter to President Bush calling for "a major national initiative to end childhood lead poisoning." However, M&R's appeal failed to reveal that M&R works for DuPont.
Principals and Senior Managers
- Donald K. Ross, Principal, "is a founding partner of M+R and its affiliate, Malkin & Ross, a top 10 lobbying firm in Albany, NY. .
- Arthur Malkin, Principal, is founding partner of M+R and its affiliate, Malkin & Ross, and directs the lobbying activities of both firms, specializing in legislative strategies and communications.
- Bill Wasserman, President 
- Tom Novick, Executive Vice President
- Sarah DiJulio, Executive Vice President,
- Ann Marie Habershaw, Chief Operating Officer,
Clients Among Political Campaigns and Elected Officials
Its website stated, up until January 2008, that "M+R's clients include state and local candidates for elected office, ballot initiative campaigns, and political action committees. A list of our electoral clients is available upon request. Please contact Debra Rosen, (drosen(AT)mrss.com) for more information about our electoral work."
M+R discloses an extensive list of some of its clients on its website including:
- American Council of Chief Defenders
- Aseptic Packaging Council
- Association for Small Foundations
- Atlantic Philanthropies
- Africa Biodiversity Collaborative Group
- Alaska Conservation Foundation
- Alaska Oceans Program
- American Farmland Trust
- Bitterrooters for Planning
- Bread for the World
- Brainerd Foundation
- Beldon Fund
- Bauman Foundation
- Campaign for America's Wilderness
- Collaborative Defense Campaign
- David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- Defenders of Wildlife
- Del Cerro Handwoven Textiles
- Delano Collection
- Divine Chocolate
- Environmental Defense
- Federation of State Conservation Voter Leagues
- Frederick W. Cook & Co.
- Friends of Hudson River Park
- Harder Foundation
- Hewlett Foundation
- Heritage Forest Campaign
- Hospitals for a Healthy Environment
- Human Rights First
- International Dairy Foods Association
- Island Press
- JEHT Foundation
- Jennifer Altman Foundation
- League of Conservation Voters
- Lazar Foundation
- Marisla Foundation
- Maryland League of Conservation Voters
- Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance
- Montana Conservation Voters
- Montana Smart Growth
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association
- National Direct Student Loan Coalition
- New York City Pharmacists Society
- National Environmental Trust
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Natural Trails and Waters Coalition
- The Nature Conservancy
- National Parks Conservation Association
- National Wildlife Federation
- New York League of Conservation Voters
- Onondaga Nation
- Oxfam America
- Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Pratt Center for Community and Development
- Public Interest Projects
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Rockefeller Brothers Foundation
- Rockefeller Family Fund
- Rodale Institute
- Quick Feat International
- Save Our Environment (The Partnership Project)
- Save Our Wild Salmon
- Scenic Hudson
- Shearman & Sterling
- State Banking Regulators
- Sustainable Cotton Project
- Sapelo Foundation
- Turner Foundation
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- The Wilderness Society
- Trustees for Alaska
- World Wildlife Fund
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Wyss Foundation
- Wilburforce Foundation
- Wallace Global Fund
2120 L Street, NW Sixth Floor
Washington, DC 20037
Articles and Resources
- "Ross's M+R Gets Rebuffed Trying to Paint DuPont Green", Spin of the Day, PRWatch.org, January 29, 2002.
- "Executive Leadership Team", M+R Strategic Services, accessed January 2009.
- "Clients", M+R Strategic Services website, archived from January 27, 2008.
- "Recent Clients", M+R Strategic Services website, accessed January 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- "Ross's M&R Gets Rebuffed Trying to Paint DuPont Green", PRWatch.org, January 29, 2002.