Maala–Business for Social Responsibility
Maala–Business for Social Responsibility "is Israel’s leading advocate on corporate values and citizenship
"Founded in 1998, Maala is a non-profit membership organization whose creation was inspired by the US-based Business for Social Responsibility (BSR) and a growing network of leading corporate citizenship organizations around the world, with which it is affiliated. Maala serves as an advocate, consultant, educator and facilitator, encouraging corporations to identify opportunities for community involvement, promoting environmentally sound practices, social accountability and reporting." 
Accessed January 2009: 
- Zvi Ziv - chaiman. President & Ceo, Bank Hapoalim Mr. Jacob Burak - Evergreen Partners, Founder
- Giyora Bar-Dea - CEO, Strauss-Elite Israel's Leading food industry, formerly HR manager of Tadiran communications; Graduate of Harvard Executive program.
- Ronit Ben-Basat - Vice President of Human Resources, Cellcom - one of Israel's leading Cellular Company
- Michal Herzog - Advocate and Mediator
- Michael Kenny - CEO, Eastronics Electronic industry, member of the board of the Tel-Aviv Museum and the Bat-Sheva Dance Group.
- Nissan Limor -The Hebrew University, Jerusalem and The Israeli Center for Third Sector Research, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva.
- Meir Shannie - Shannie Aharoni Holdings, former CEO of various leading Israeli companies.
- Ory Slonim, Advocate and Chairman of the Board Variety International.
- Raya Strauss-Ben Dror - Co-Owner, Strauss Investments - owner of Israel's largest dairy producer.
- Roy Vermus - CEO The Psagot-Ofek Group - A Leading Israeli Investment House
- Roni Naftali - Founder of Mey Eden
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Robert H. Dunn, former advisor
Information from an older Sourcewatch page
MAALA Business for Social Responsibility is the leading professional roof of a member based businesses organizations, spearheading social change in Israeli society. MAALA's mission is to promote social-environmental responsibility as a committed corporate practice. MAALA's main channels of activity include: knowledge development ; databases and professional tools; development of awareness and publicity of the field; development of social responsibility management as a profession; training and development of innovative models in the field. Website in English and Hebrew 
Linked to Business for Social Responsibility
MAALA's Board of Directors
- Jacob Burak - Evergreen Partners, Chairman and founder
- Nissan Limor - The Hebrew University, Jerusalem and The Israeli Center for Third Sector Research, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva.
- Meir Shannie - Shannie Aharoni Holdings
- [[Michal Herzog - Adv. And Mediator
- Raya Strauss-Ben Dror - Co-Owner, Strauss Investments
- Ronit Fishman-Ofir - Partner, Fishman Group
- Giyora Bar-Dea - CEO, Strauss-elite Israel
- Michael Kenny - CEO, Eastronics
MAALA's Leadership (Advisory Council)
- Evergreen Partners - Mr. Jacob Burak, Chairman and founder
- Discount Bank - Mr. Eli Hoter, Executive VP Human Resources
- Globes - Mr. Ami Even, CEO
- BDO Ziv Haft - Acc. Igal Guzman, Senior Partner
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries - Mr. Eli Hurvitz, Chairman of the Board
- Unilever Israel - Ms. Hamutal Dadia, Senior VP Human Resources
- Jafora-Tabori - Mr. Ronnie Gat, President & CEO
- Keter Group - Mr. Tal Sender, President
- Leumi Bank - Mr. Gideon Schurr, Head of external Relations & Public affairs
- Leumi Card - Mr. Arie Heilweil, CEO
- Cellcom Israel - Dr. Yitzhak Peterburg , President & CEO
- Fishman Group - Ms. Ronit Fishman-Ophir, Partner
- Strauss-Elite Group - Ms. Ofra Strauss, Chair Person of the Board
- PwC - Kesselman&Kesselman - Acc. Avi Berger, Managing Partner
- Strauss Investing - Ms. Raya Strauss-Ben Dror, Owner
- Delta Galil Industries - Mr. Dov Lautman, Chairman of the Board
- SFK - Mr. Itschak Shrem - Chairman
- Eastronics - Mr. Michael Kenny, CEO
- Mey-Eden - Mr. Roni Naftali, Chairman
- Clal Insurance, Pension and Finance group - Mr. Avigdor Kaplan, President and CEO
- Formula Group - The Formula Group is Israel's leading publicly held software group. At Formula we believe that education and technology expand opportunities and enrich individuals and communities
- Avaya - Avaya, a leading global supplier of communications solutions and services, sees itself as an integral member of the community within which it operates, and invests significant resources in nurturing voluntary work and community investment.
- Bezeq - Israel's leading communications company, Bezeq, decided to promote Internet use in Israel's education system as a primary theme of its social involvement.
- First International Bank of Israel - The First International Bank of Israel opted to work in the field of youth education. That decision is based on the believes that it is the social and moral duty of successful financial organizations to contribute to the welfare and advancement of the social environment in which they operate.
- First International...
- Fishman Group - Based on the core beliefs of equality and human dignity, the Fishman Group decided to promote the integration of handicapped people into the community.
- Israel Corp - The Israel Corporation has developed a company strategy focusing on the development of human capital for the realization of individual potential and generating equal opportunity.
- PWC - PWC, one of the Big Five consultancy firms, nurtures the children of the Yaffo, the community that neighbors its local offices.
- Strauss-Elite - Both Strauss and Elite have a history of involvement in the community dating back to their foundation. The Group's social activities focus on three principal areas: children, soldiers and sports and is based on a code of ethics which the group actively promotes in the business arena as well as in it's involvement in the community.